Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tank Girl Birthday Card

Yooo, so long time no post.

Apologies, time at the drawing board outside of work has been tough to find. Buuuuuuuuut I did do this last week.



It's the culmination of a number of warm up sketches and about 2 hours of cleaning it up after work one day. I drew it for my Brothers missus Maria, she was sound enough to draw me one for my birthday back in December so I thought it would be cool to repay the favour.

First time I've ever drawn Tank Girl, I'm a big fan of Jamie Hewlett, so I'm pretty sure subconsciously I drew her in a way that's more reminiscent of his style than anyone else.

She's a lot of fun I'll def be drawing her more. She's pretty outrageous so you can do a lot of fun stuff, originally I was going to have her light her cigar off of her pants as they were still on fire/burning and upon reflection I'm raging I didn't do that. But pretty happy with it all the same.

1 comment:

plastic cards printing said...

GREAT idea! I also like Dollar Tree for cards. It seems stupid to me to pay $4 for a card that serves the exact same purpose as a $.50 one!